Our client's Office of Communications requires one full-time onsite Communications Assistant to provide graphic design support, editing and original writing services, and still photography. Strong visual communication and narrative storytelling skills and knowledge of journalism methods required. The incumbent will work with clients to explore new means of presenting visual information to communicate sensitive, sometimes controversial, topics.
What It Takes
- Graphic Design Support: Must be proficient in graphic design, motion graphics, and infographics. Must be experienced in Adobe Creative Cloud Illustrator and Photoshop and have a basic understanding of After Effects and Premiere. Research, plan, write, and produce visual information products for internal and external communication distributed to a diverse audience.
- Writing and Editing: Responsible for quick turnaround/ad hoc assignments, such as fact sheets, social media, and web postings; coordinating and assembling materials for meetings and other requests; assembling and formatting data in response to calls for information; and other communications support tasks as needed. The Communications Assistant will work closely, on a daily basis, with OJP communications, program, and senior staff, and other subject matter experts (e.g., grantee and contract staff).
- Photography: Assist OCOM’s New Media team with still photography.
- Videography: On an ad hoc basis, assist New Media team with capturing broadcast quality content using a variety of audio and video equipment, such as high-definition camcorders, professional- grade microphone systems, and lighting kits. Software used: Adobe Creative Cloud (Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere, After Effects).
- Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of directly relevant work experience performing communications and coordination activities. Excellent proofreading, copyediting, and oral/written communications skills required.
- Must be U.S. Citizen; position is full-time, on-site; no recruiters or agencies please